MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (APPLIED FOR NBA ACCREDITATION)
Head of the Department
Dr. Satyanarayana Kasavajhala is a Professor and Head of the Mechanical Engineering Department. He obtained Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. He received M.Tech in Maintenance Engineering(Machine Design) From the Dept. Of Mechanical Engineering of Moulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, AMIE in Mechanical Engineering From Institution of Engineers Kolkata. He has a rich teaching experience of 17 years and worked in various prestigious Engineering Colleges in Andhra Pradesh. He has published many National/International Journals.
Dr. Satyanarayana is a life member of IE (india),SMAE and IAENG professional societies.
His research interests include Vibrations, Condition Monitoring and Design. He organized several workshops. He delivered several guest lectures throughout the state of Andhra Pradesh. He has extensive experience in the feild of Mechanical Engineering Design. He supervised and mentored undergraduate and post graduate students. He is adept in communication and problem solving. He worked as NSS co-ordinator over a period of 6 years and conducted several service programmes like Blood donation camps, Plantation of trees, Erradication of Social Evils, Let us Vote, Digital Transactions for Cashless society, Mission Green Andhra (1 lakh plantations) etc.
Click Here for his complete profile.
Vision and Mission of the Department
To impart the knowledge of mechanical engineering with global perspectives for graduates to serve the industry in particular and the society at large through quality education and research.
- To enable graduates to be technically strong,ethically sound with good communication skills by innovative teaching methods
- To provide world class education to mould the students, so that they possess good leadership qualities and professional skills.
- To create a conducive environment and facilities to improve overall personality development of the students.
- To create an awareness of the social responsibilities of an engineer.
- To bond strong relationship with industries to upgrade the knowledge of the students through exposure for cutting edge technologies.