The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) was established in 2007 at VVIT. Its graduates served the society since 2011 and have been making tremendous impact to the well being and development of the country. Over the years, power systems, electronic, computers and information processing have evolved at dazzling speed, and have permeated to every aspects of life and the society at large.
To impart quality education through exploration and experimentation and to generate socially-conscious engineers, embedding ethics and values, for the advancement in the arena of electrical electronics engineering.
- To establish state-of-the-art facilities and resources required to achieve excellence in teaching-learning and supplementary processes.
- To prepare graduates with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design and apply the knowledge to real life problems.
- To provide hands-on experience and knowledge to students thus making them engineers of excellence.
- To impart quality education to the students to dovetail them to industry-needs.
- To inculcate the value of discipline and encourage the student to become a responsible and worthy citizen of the nation.
- To evolve the department to be a center of excellence in the area of research and development.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Programme Educational Objectives of the B. Tech in Electrical Electronics Engineering are given below and are numbered from PEO1 to PEO5.
PEO-1: To provide the graduates with solid foundation in Electrical & Electronics along with the fundamentals of Mathematics, Science, Computing and Engineering with a view to impart in them high quality technical skills like designing, modeling, analyzing and problem-solving with global competence.
PEO-2: To prepare and motivate graduates with recent technological developments related to core subjects like Advanced Control Systems, Special Electrical Machines, Artificial Intelligence techniques and future technological advances in the above mentioned domains so as to contribute effectively for Research and Development by participating in professional activities like publishing and seeking patents.
PEO-3: To train the graduates for a high degree of employability in both public and private sector industries at national and international level by initiating in them professional competence, ethical administrative acumen and ability to handle critical situations.
PEO-4: To prepare the graduates for higher education by providing training to excel in competitive examinations and to improve their technical and intellectual capabilities for life-long learning process.
PEO-5: To train the graduates to have basic interpersonal skills and sense of social responsibility that paves them a way to become good team members and leaders.
Program Outcomes (POs)
The programme outcomes that the department presently adapts to are as follows:
- Engineering knowledge: apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems. (L3-Apply)
- Problem analysis: identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences. (L4-Analysis)
- Design/development of solutions: design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations. (L6-Create)
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions. (L5-Evaluation)
- Modern tool usage: create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations. (L3-Apply)
- The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice. (L3-Apply)
- Environment sustainability: understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development. (L2-Understand)
- Ethics: apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice. (L1-Remember)
- Individual and team work: function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings. (L1-Remember)
- Communication: communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions. (L1-Remember)
- Project management and finance: demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments. (L3-Apply)
- Lifelong learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broader context of technological change. (L1-Remember)