The department of Information Technology (IT) was established during the inception of the institute in 2007 with an annual intake of 60 students. Every year our students secure placements in reputed companies like INFOSYS, TCS, TECH MAHINDRA, EFFTRONICS, ADP etc. The laboratory practical classes are conducted in a systematic manner, where complete plan is given at the time of commencement of the semester .The laboratories are well equipped with modern training facilities that cater to the requirements of the university syllabus. This department plays a vital role in training students of other branches in training them to secure the job in software field.
To produce IT professionals who can develop globally competitive and socially useful information technology enabled solutions and products that offer cost effective solutions, for organizations, in particular and society in general, through their innovative ideas, and to create a knowledge pool through research in this field.
- Producing information technology professionals for the Global IT industry.
- Developing student centric and qualitative teaching-learning practices.
- Establishing infrastructure that endows cutting edge technology requirements of the industry.
- To extend service to the public, the state and the nation at large by building quality engineers.
- To carve disciplined and socially, technologically better responsible citizens.
- To make the students pursuing information technology the technological ambassadors of VVIT in whatever part of the world they find themselves in their future careers.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Programme Educational Objectives of the B. Tech in Information Technology programme are given below and are numbered from PEO1 to PEO5.
PEO-1: To provide the graduates with concrete base in Information Technology along with the fundamentals of Mathematics, Science, Computing and engineering with a view to imparting them high quality technical skills like designing, modeling, analyzing and problem-solving with global competence.
PEO-2: To organize and persuade graduates with recent technological developments related to core subjects like Advanced Computer Networks, Web Technologies, Information Security, Advanced Data Structures, Algorithmic Analysis, Mobile Computing and future technological advances in the above mentioned domains so as to contribute effectively for synthesizing novel products and solutions for the real life problems by pursuing advanced study or research to cater to the needs of stakeholders.
PEO-3: To train the graduates for a higher degree of employability in both public and private sector industries at national and international level by initiating them into professional competence, ethical administrative acumen and ability to handle critical situations.
PEO-4: To prepare the graduates for successful careers in Information Technology by providing training to excel in competitive examinations for higher education and to improve their technical and intellectual capabilities for lifelong learning.
PEO-5: To train the graduates to have basic interpersonal skills to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects under diverse professional environments with a sense of social responsibility to become good technocrats.
Program Outcomes (POs)
The B.Tech CSE programme has documented measurable outcomes that are based on the needs of the programme’s stakeholders. The programme outcomes which are derived from ABET criteria are first drafted in the academic year 2009-10 and later revised in 2010-11. The programme outcomes that the department presently adapts to are as follows:
- Engineering knowledge: apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems. (L3-Apply)
- Problem analysis: identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences. (L4-Analysis)
- Design/development of solutions: design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations. (L6-Create)
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions. (L5-Evaluation)
- Modern tool usage: create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations. (L3-Apply)
- The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice. (L3-Apply)
- Environment sustainability: understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development. (L2-Understand)
- Ethics: apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice. (L1-Remember)
- Individual and team work: function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings. (L1-Remember)
- Communication: communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions. (L1-Remember)
- Project management and finance: demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments. (L3-Apply)
- Lifelong learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broader context of technological change. (L1-Remember)