To impart the knowledge in Mechanical Engineering with global perspectives for graduates to serve the society and industry through quality education and research.
- To enable the graduates technically strong, ethically sound with good communication skills by innovative teaching methods.
- To bridge the gap between academia and industry by Organizing Internship/Guest lecturers/Industry Visits.
- To create a conducive environment and facilities to improve overall personality development of the graduates.
- To create awareness of social responsibilities of an engineer in the graduates.
- To organize seminars/Webinars in association with few International Universities to improve the knowledge base of students.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Programme Educational Objectives of the B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering programme are given below and are numbered from PEO1 to PEO5.
PEO-1: To build a professional career and pursue higher studies with sound knowledge in Mathematics, Sciences and Mechanical Engineering.
PEO-2: To implant strong ethical values and leadership qualities for graduates to become successful in multi-disciplinary activities
PEO-3: To impart knowledge on importance of Health, Safety and communication skills in Engineering practice.
PEO-4: To motivate graduates with research and development by participating in professional activities like seminars, conferences and publishing papers and various competitions.
PEO-5: To train the students to have basic interpersonal skills and sense of social responsibility that paves them a way to become a good team members and leaders.
Program Outcomes (POs)
The B.Tech Mechanical Engineering programme has documented measurable outcomes that are based on the needs of the programme’s stakeholders. The programme outcomes that the department presently adapts to are as follows:
- Engineering knowledge: apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems. (L3-Apply)
- Problem analysis: identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences. (L4-Analysis)
- Design/development of solutions: design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations. (L6-Create)
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions. (L5-Evaluation)
- Modern tool usage: create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations. (L3-Apply)
- The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice. (L3-Apply)
- Environment sustainability: understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in the societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development. (L2-Understand)
- Ethics: apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice. (L1-Remember)
- Individual and team work: function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings. (L1-Remember)
- Communication: communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions. (L1-Remember)
- Project management and finance: demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments. (L3-Apply)
- Lifelong learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broader context of technological change. (L1-Remember)