Establishment of VVIT with four UG programmes (EEE, ECE, CSE & IT) in Engineering with an intake of 240 students and affiliation from JNTU Hyderabad and Approval from AICTE.
Increase of intake from 120 to 180 in B. Tech ECE and CSE programmes.
- Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade.
- B.Tech ECE, CSE, EEE, ME & IT programs are accredited by NBA.
- Permanent affiliation to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada.
- An ISO 9001:2009 certification.
- VVIT is among the two private engineering colleges out of 300 engineering colleges in the state selected by AP State Government to host Siemen’s Center of Excellence. Under this Center of Excellence CNC India Ltd. Bangaluru sets up ROBOTICS lab, LAKSHMI MACHINES WORKS, Coimbatore sets up CNC Lab, METAFAB Engineers (I) Pvt. Ltd sets up Automotive body repair and paint Lab, BEACON LIFTS Ltd sets up Lift installation and maintenance Lab and DESIGN TECH systems Ltd, Pune sets up the remaining labs.
- Established Skill Development Center of AP State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC, Hyderabad) to impart skills to enhance employability of the students and unemployed youth in the region.
- The first College in the region to have installed a roof top solar power plant of 100 KW with an aim of producing green power.
- Conducting ‘TEP’ (Technology Entrepreneurship Program) of Indian School of Business (ISB) through Entrepreneurship Development Cell at the campus.
- Conducting ‘iSpark program’ by INFOSYS Technologies – more than 300 students per year visit Infosys Hyderabad campus to understand the real world industry expectations.
- Our students achieved many awards and prizes in National Level Technical contests conducted by various premier institutions like IITM, VIT, JNTUK and other Universities.
- Developed 54 Mobile apps with innovative ideas through APSSDC.
- Industrial MOU with Infosys Campus Connect.
- MOU with Kalpah Innovations, Visakhapatnam to collaborate on Medical Imaging.
- MOU with Robotics Core School to offer Advanced Embedded courses on campus.
- MOU with Social Agro Industries to collaborate on Electronic Automation.
- MOU with Quality People, Vijayawada to develop software products.
- MOU with IUCEE (Indo Universal Collaboration for Engineering Education) for knowledge upgradation.
- Training MOUs with Cocubes, Monster, Seventh Sense, Ikya Global, Talents Show and Oompfh.
- Students, being from rural area, are striving to meet national and global standards in technical education and facing language barriers.
- Institute has to upgrade their teaching community for more funded projects; quality research and development; and patents and consultancy.
- Institute is continuously organizing various development programs for the benefit of teachers and students through seminars, workshops, conferences, symposiums and other student meets.
- Ever increasing demand for technical education at UG & PG level of Engineering & Technology.
- Many more opportunities for tie-ups with both established and start-up companies in India and abroad for enhancing learning outcomes.
- Institute has competition from other technical universities.
- Fast changing world with cutting edge technologies.
- Short Term Goals
- To make the institute as an autonomous institute.
- To get all programmes accredited by NBA.
- To introduce new need based programmes at U.G and P.G level.
- To strengthen the curriculum.
- To incorporate more number of electives in the curriculum.
- To establish R&D Centres in all departments.
- To establish technology business incubation centre.
- To encourage innovations and self-employment through Entrepreneurship Development Cell.
- To improve industry-institute interaction with the collaboration of at least three industries per department.
- To focus more on training and placements.
- To accelerate faculty development programmes.
- To strengthen counseling.
- To improve transparency level.
- To make feedback system more effective.
- To conduct training programmes for supporting technical staff.
- To provide more community services in adopted villages.
- To accelerate objective oriented NSS programmes in nearby slum areas.
- To constantly up-grade content to bridge gaps between learning outcomes and employability.
- To support weak students, focusing on ensuring equity among all categories of students.
- To offer value-addition courses beyond the curriculum during off hours for students and local community.
- Long Term Goals
- To undertake national and international Research and Development works in all the disciplines and to emerge as centers of excellence.
- To encourage sponsored and collaborative research with industries, tailor-made training for working professionals, testing and calibration services etc.
- To ensure that all the faculty members possess Ph.D degrees.
- To enter into more number of MOUs with International and National organizations.
- To make this Institute as one of the best learning centres.