M.Tech - Eligibility Requirements
CATEGORY A (Convenor) seats (70% of intake in each branch):
- A bachelor's degree in Engg/Technology of recognized University in the concerned discipline.
- AMIE/AMIETE or similar qualifications recognized by UPSC as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
- Valid GATE Score obtained in the GATE Examination.
- Valid rank obtained in PGECET, Andhra Pradesh.
Apart from requirements of qualifications as stated in the above, the admissions of sponsored candidates shall be taken.
- The number of Sponsored candidates shall not be more than two in each specialization and not more than five in each department.
- His/Her application shall be duly recommended by the sponsoring agency for admission to the course .
- These seats are considered as supernumerary.
- He/She must be permanent employee with the sponsoring agency for at least (2) years, after obtaining the qualifying degree.
- The sponsoring agency must be a Government establishment or a public-sector undertaking, or a reputed private undertaking.
- The sponsoring agency shall-certify that the candidates will be granted leave for pursuing the M.Tech. Full-Time course.
- The candidates should satisfy local/non-local status requirement as laid down in the AP Educational institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order 1974 as amended from time to time.
CATEGORY B (Management) seats (30% of intake in each branch):
- The second category, Category-B seats constitute 30% of the total available seats.
- 15% of Category B seats are available to NRI candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with not less than 60% of aggregate marks or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) equivalent to 6 on a scale of 10.
- The left over seats shall be filled on merit basis by the institution with sponsored candidates.
- Vacant seats if any may be filled on merit basis with eligible candidates including those securing not less than 60% of aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.